Every year hundreds of students from around the world are welcomed to the University of Sydney through our Sydney Abroad program. Some come for our academic reputation and our wide range of courses, while others wish to experience our vibrant student life bolstered by our guaranteed housing and unique Internship Program. Whatever the reason, join us and find out why we're Australia's favourite option.
ONLY @ SYDNEY UNI
There are many points of differentiation that make the University of Sydney the best option for students in Australia and specifically Sydney. These include:
• Spoilt for Choice - we have the largest selection of subjects offered by any university in Australia: over 3000 units of study available across 16 Faculties
• Guaranteed Accommodation - modern, clean and well-equipped accommodation at Urbanest with a mixed international/domestic student population and all within a 5 minute walk to campus
• Internship Placement - credit-bearing industry or research placement run internally by the Sydney Abroad team to facilitate best-fit matching between student and host
• MATES Abroad & Social Calendar - opt-in mentor program for students to meet Australian students, ease their transition into Sydney life, foster an international culture, and share exciting adventures in Australia together
• Campus Culture - ranked firsts for the best student experience in Australia: there are more than 200 student clubs and societies, 43 which are sports clubs, 12 cafes and 8 bars on campus, 4 live performance spaces and 2 fitness centres
We sit in the top 0.3 percent of universities worldwide, ensuring that Australian innovation and research is recognised on the international stage. Ranked 45th in the world in the QS World University Rankings and consistently within the top three in Australia, the University of Sydney is one of the country's leading research-intensive universities and oldest member of the prestigious Group of Eight.
Sydney ranks second on a list of the 50 best cities in the world in which to live, work and study*, above New York and Paris.
In addition to the standard two Australian semesters, we have developed:
• Short Term - 6 week intensive 21 May - 1 July
• Spring Friendly - full semester mimicking the US spring and getting students home for USA summer
• Gap & First Year - option for students without a home institution or in their first year of study
Fast Facts - Sydney University in numbers:
• Enrolled students in 2015: 52,000+
• Alumni worldwide: 270,000
• Countries represented by our student body: 134
• Items in the University's Library: more than 5.2 million
• Student exchange agreements: 286 (in more than 30 countries)
• Academic staff: 3400+
Study Abroad with University of Sydney
Every year hundreds of students from around the world are welcomed to the University of Sydney through our Sydney Abroad program. Some come for our academic reputation and...
Take advantage of your chance to live and learn in one of the most beautiful and livable cities in the world—Sydney! Enjoy Sydney’s comfortable climate (warm summers and m...
The University of Sydney features a beautiful campus with grassy courtyards, dramatic sandstone buildings,...
Summer at the University of Sydney has it all: world-class academics at a prestigious university, life in a vibrant, historical city, and endless opportunities to immerse ...
Australia’s largest and oldest city, Sydney is home to a multicultural population of nearly 4.5 million. As a student, you’ll enjoy a bustling city life with easy access t...
No results found