Center for Global Education and Experience at Augsburg Collegehttp://www.augsburg.edu/global/
The mission of the Center for Global Education and Experience at Augsburg College is to provide cross-cultural educational opportunities in order to foster critical analysis of local and global conditions so that personal and systemic change takes place, leading to a more just and sustainable world.
CGEE is affiliated with Augsburg College, a private college of the liberal arts and sciences located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
What Makes Our Program Unique?
- An environment where diversity is respected and where students, faculty, and staff encourage the discussion and responses to various forms of oppression such as racism, sexism, homophobia, economic inequality, xenophobia, and classism.
- An ethnically and culturally diverse staff of North Americans, Africans, Asians, and Latin Americans who coordinate educational programs and teach courses.
- Opportunities to explore your own heritage, ethnicity and identity.
- Scholarships for students who’ve been historically under-represented in international programs.
- Face-to-face engagement with peoples from diverse ethnic backgrounds struggling for justice in other regions of the world.
- Hands-on opportunities to meet and discuss current issues with people at the grassroots level.
- Opportunities to expand your worldview and challenge your perceptions about global justice and human liberation.
- Opportunity to improve your professional and financial potential by participating in a life-changing experience that will add value to your studies and possible entry into an international career.
- Strengthen intercultural communication and leadership skills.
Study Abroad with Center for Global Education and Experience at Augsburg College
This multi-country semester study abroad program, defined by an experiential methodology and unique approach to community engagement, offers students a provocative and ins...
Namibia and South Africa provide a rich context in which to explore the theme of nation-building. as these...
CGEE in Mexico offers five 3 1/2 week sessions (blocks) focusing on Spanish language and Mexican culture in which students can take two courses per session, plus a non-cre...
Engage directly with diverse communities impacted by globalization, migration and emigration. Explore effects on women, gender roles, and attitudes towards sexuality, as w...
The Social Work in a Latin American Context program was jointly created in 2003 by a collaboration of CSWE-accredited social work programs in the Minnesota/South Dakota ar...
Today's business leaders are increasingly well-served by a global perspective. Gain your international experience in Mexico, the business capital of Latin America and the ...