- Europe /
- Spain /
- Alcala de Henares /
- Instituto Franklin-UAH: Alcalá de Henares - Study Abroad in Spain
Instituto Franklin-UAH: Alcalá de Henares - Study Abroad in Spain
Come study at one of the top public universities in Spain, recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1998. Savor the vibrant university-city culture, authentic tapas, historic buildings, and charming residents of Alcala de Henares, also ref... read more
I was so pleased to be immersed in a culture where the language was Spanish, because I ended up learning a lot! Definitely a worthwhile experience A student - Brandeis University View Entire Review
I gained a lot of my conversational spanish-speaking skill that I now have. Studying abroad really helped me learn the language. It was also a great experience and I got to travel a lot, which I have always wanted to do. I would love to go back! Nichole V - Bowling Green State University View Entire Review
Best new experience Andy L - Ursinus College View Entire Review
My study abroad experience was one of the best experiences of my life so far. I'm hoping that in the rest of my life I'll be able to have experiences like it, but it was so awesome that it may be hard to top. I feel so much more aware of the world and all the cultures in it. My experience guaranteed my future of traveling everyw... Ryan H - University of Wisconsin - Madison View Entire Review
Yes, my experiences were worthwhile. I got to realyl study the language, have conversations, and great trips with amazing people. Jennifer S - Indiana University - Southeast View Entire Review
YES! I am so much more open minded, I have an appreciation for the Spanish language and culture that I did not have before, and I fell in love with it!! I eventually would love to return to visit my 'family' there and my friends. Hopefully if lucky even work for sometime. Michelle S - College of Notre Dame of Maryland View Entire Review
I learned Spanish almost to the point of fluency, I gained a tremendous confidence in myself as a traveler, and I learned about my place in the world as an American. elizabeth.ritter1 - Brandeis University View Entire Review
The world is a bigger place than I thought. And people are the same, no matter what language they speak. Katie W - Brigham Young University View Entire Review
Words can't describe how impactful and life-changing this experience was. Ethan S - Bowling Green State University View Entire Review
Yes, definitely James j - Indiana University - Bloomington View Entire Review
Absolutely. My Spanish improved greatly, I met fantastic people from all over the US and the world, and I learned so much about Spanish culture. I really could not have asked for a better experience. Rebecca P - Indiana University - Bloomington View Entire Review
I gained more confidence in my Spanish speaking. I also realized that I may want to live abroad in the future. Also, it opened my eyes to a few different career opportunities and also to a new culture that was very warm and friendly. Marie M - Harvard University View Entire Review
It was definitely worth my while. What I loved the most was how Alcala is located in the center of Spain so we could go in any direction and get to another city in a reasonable amount of time for a weekend trip. And the professors were all about going out and seeing the world and they themselves were world travellors who gave us... Melissa m - Colorado State University View Entire Review
- More than thirty years of combined expertise in instructing foreign students. To optimize our students' cross-cultural and individual growth, we provide them with an all-encompassing immersion experience.
- Excellent system of public transportation. Adolfo Suarez-Barajas International Airport is 20 minutes away, and Madrid can be reached in 30 minutes by train.
- All-inclusive (except for airfare and individual costs).
- Students can afford the program, which costs between 2,050.00 and 8,670.00 euros, depending on how long they stay and how many credits they take.
- Credits from Universidad de Alcalá
- University dorms (meal plan) or homestays with families in Alcalá (three meals a day and once a week laundry service)
- Informative orientation sessions
- Excursions and site visits
- Academic services and attentive staff
- Health insurance
- Student ID
- Airport pick-up (date and time set by Instituto Franklin-UAH).
Program Type(s):Study Abroad
- Academic Year
- January Term
- Short Term
Relevant Study Subject(s):
- American Studies
- European Studies
- Spanish and Iberian Studies
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Teaching Assistants
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Spanish Language, Literature
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts, General Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Social Service Professions
- Social Sciences
- International Relations
- Health Professions
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs
- International Business
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation
WebsiteTake me there!
Direct Enrollment/Exchange Scholarships
For students who apply early for semester-long programs will receive a 500 euro discount.
When you apply with a friend for the semester-long programs, both you and your friend will receive 15% off tuition cost.
15% off tuition
Any returning student will receive a 15% discount in any semester program. Any returning student who stays in dorms will receive a 10% discount in the four-week July program. This award will also apply to Franklin alumni´s friends and family.
10-15% off tuition
Students attending institutions affiliated to HACU will receive a 15% discount in any semester program. Students attending institutions affiliated to HACU and stay in dorms will receive a 10% discount in the four week July program. To find out if your institution is an affiliate of HACU, please click here: https://www.hacu.net/assnfe/CompanyDirectory.asp?STYLE=2&COMPANY_TYPE=1%2C5.
10-15% off tuition