don Quijote is a prestigious organization that has been dedicated to teaching the Spanish language to students since 1986. don Quijote owns and operates its own schools in Spain and Latin America and offers additional locations through exclusive p...
don Quijote is a prestigious organization that has been dedicated to teaching the Spanish language to students since 1986. don Quijote owns and operates its own schools in Spain and Latin America and offers additional locations through exclusive partnerships with approved schools.
don Quijote is an accredited institution dedicated to providing students the best Spanish immersion program possible. Combine your Spanish courses with cultural classes: from cooking, dancing and wine tasting classes to history and art. Our goal is that our students return home with a wider world view after having learned and experienced a new language and culture. For this reason, our motto is not just to learn Spanish, but to "Live Spanish".
don Quijote’s partner school located in Playa Jacó Costa Rica is an ideal location for those who want to combine an excellent Spanish program with a wide range of outdoor activities. Playa Jacó is located on the pacific coast of Costa Rica and is known for its vibrant nightlife and friendly people. It is also known worldwide for its great surfing at nearby Playa Hermosa and impressive fauna and wildlife which can be enjoyed at Carara National Park. Also, San José international airport is just 1.5 hours away by car.
Our Playa Jacó partner school is located in a residential neighborhood, just 7 blocks from one of Costa Rica's best beaches, and features 4 classrooms, an outdoor patio, a kitchen area, a large tropical garden, a small swimming pool, a terrace and several bathrooms. Students will find all essential amenities within walking distance. Free Internet access is available during certain hours.
The teaching staff is highly trained and follows the Common European Framework (levels A1 -C2) program. Additionally, the school organizes a wide range of activities for students to enjoy including Latin dance classes, Costa Rican cooking and fruit classes, hikes, excursions to National Parks, bicycle rentals, guided tours of the city and film night once a week. Playa Jacó, Costa Rica is also a wonderful destination to enjoy outdoor activities like kayaking, horseback riding, biking, fishing, hiking, canopy tours and surfing.
Why don Quijote?
We know there are many study abroad programs to choose from and we want to help you make this difficult decision by highlighting some of the reasons that don Quijote has an unequalled client satisfaction rate:
- Private schools, small classes and qualified teachers: Unlike other study abroad programs, we own and operate our own schools to ensure the highest level of teaching by certified and native professors. Additionally, we guarantee small and intimate classes with a maximum of 8-10 students per teacher. don Quiojte partner schools are certified by don Quijote to ensure they meet the same strict standards.
- Comprehensive Guarantee: At don Quijote, we guarantee our services and customer satisfaction.
- Experience: don Quijote has been solely dedicated to teaching Spanish as a foreign language since 1986.
- Accredited institution: don Quijote schools have earned prestigious certification and recognition from accredited institutions including: Instituto Cervantes and the Certificate for Excellence in Teaching Spanish as Foreign Language (CEELE) conferred by the University of Alcalá.
- Flexibility and Options: don Quijote allows you to design your own courses by offering flexible start dates, a wide range of accommodation choices, more than 25 courses and a wide range of activities to choose from.
- Diversity: Each year, don Quijote receives up to 12,000 of all ages from more than 60 countries.
- Location: don Quijote offer first rate Spanish learning destinations and our schools also centrally located and fully equipped with free Internet, WIFI, libraries and more. Also, we guarantee that your accommodation will be a maximum of 30 minutes from the school (walking distance or public transportation).
- Personal Assistance and Welcome: don Quijote will guide you every step of the way. We offer a personal assistance emergency 24-phone line and professional guidance advisers. Most locations offer an orientation dinner, guided city tours and welcome packs to help you settle in.
Contact don Quijote for your FREE program brochure!