Discover your world in Guatemala
- Explore the charming city of Antigua, where you’ll spend a week of your time in Guatemala. Antigua is famous for its well-preserved Spanish Baroque influenced architecture as well as a number of spectacular ru...
- Explore the charming city of Antigua, where you’ll spend a week of your time in Guatemala. Antigua is famous for its well-preserved Spanish Baroque influenced architecture as well as a number of spectacular ruins of colonial churches.
- One week in Santiago Atitlan. The town is situated on Lago de Atitlán on a bay between two volcanos. Lake Atitlan is famous for its natural beauty and colorful Mayan villages.
- One week in The Pacific Coast, black volcanic sand is one of Central America's postcard-perfect gems. Its wide, lengthy stretch is rarely crowded.
Activities in each place:
- In Antigua after a daily lecture presentation: Walking tour in Antigua, visit a coffee plantation, chocolate workshop make your own chocolate starting from Guatemalan cacao beans, museums of Anthropology, ethnography and textiles.
- Lake Atitlan: After Volunteer work in a Maya village, visit Chichicastenango the most colorful native market, perhaps in all the Americas, visit a women cooperative to learn about the process of making natural dyes. Workshop with Dona Maris Iztep healer and herbalist.
- Pacific coast: Night watching sea turtles, June is nesting and hatching season. Volunteers are needed in various projects.