International Business Seminars: Virtual Japan
- Program Type(s): Study Abroad, Online Program
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS & GLOBAL ECONOMICS IN THE JAPANESE CONTEXTInternational Business Seminars has developed a completely online program that allows you to interact with business executives in Japan. Using our vast network of relationships, ... read more
I came out of this seminar filled with ideas for making business operate smoothly during the worst of economic times. The insights shared with us about Japanese business responses to the global pandemic were incredible. I learned some Japanese and a lot about our virtual tour destinations, Himeji Castle and Kiyomizu-dera. A student - Thunderbird School of Global Management View Entire Review
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS & GLOBAL ECONOMICS IN THE JAPANESE CONTEXT
International Business Seminars has developed a completely online program that allows you to interact with business executives in Japan. Using our vast network of relationships, you will have the opportunity to learn how companies in Asia are operating, adapting and being creative in these challenging times. Participants will get an inside look into the Japanese economy, business etiquette, and will explore some of the most famous locations in Japan through live virtual tours.
Participants will also have cross-cultural discussions with Japanese students and collaborate with students from across the US. Earn credits, stay connected and capitalize on the opportunity to gain relevant international experience without leaving home.
The Executive Experience Abroad
Virtual Japan Winter provides unique opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. During this seminar, students will learn about Japanese culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices differ from the United States.
International Business Seminars (IBS) programs provide a variety of unique opportunities:
- Network with business executives by visiting global companies to learn about how business is conducted and the challenges that come from running a multi-national organization.
- Earn university credit while applying the knowledge you've learned in the classroom to real-life business settings.
- Gain a competitive advantage for your career by experiencing international policies, political climates, and international business environments while building confidence, cultural understanding, and an ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Experience some of the world's most well-known attractions and destinations.
- Enjoy the added benefit of pre-seminar advising as well as faculty support to ensure you are prepared to learn to the best of your ability before, throughout and after the seminar.
- Virtually Visit Tokyo, Kyoto, Himeji, and Hiroshima, Japan.
- Experience cultural activities, a live cooking lesson, and multiple faculty check in sessions.
- Participate in virtual city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Himeji Castle, the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, Kiyomizu Temple, and more.
- Learn from business executives at global companies such as Amazon Japan, Coca Cola, Weber Grills Japan, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, and more.
- View international business practices in a variety of industries, including: finance, marketing, economics, and more.
- Be among the first wave of students to experience studying abroad through a virtual platform, displaying to future employers your adaptability in the face of adversity.
- Meet with six global companies and learn about their response to COVID-19, joining the global conversation and gaining new perspectives in a unique way.
- Discuss global supply chain interruptions, the extreme shifts in the global market, and the implications of working in a variety of industries.
- Learn about international business from local executives during this historic time while gaining international experience and perspectives in a time where global travel is limited.
- Demonstrate your creativity and adaptability to future employers by being one of the first to participate in a virtual study abroad experience.
- Connect and network with future business leaders from other US universities and gain access to a global network of aspiring young leaders.
- Stay on track, skill-up, and form new connections, all from the comfort of your home!
- Have an international experience without having to take time off work or school and without the jetlag!
Program Type(s):Study Abroad
- Short Term
Relevant Study Subject(s):
- Asian Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Ethnic, Cultural Minority, Gender, and Group Studies
- Public Relations, Advertising, Applied Communication
- East Asian Languages, Literature
- Japanese Language, Literature
- International Law
- International Business Law
- Global Studies
- Cultural Studies
- International Relations
- Political Science and Government
- Business Administration and Management
- Business Operations Support
- Business Communications
- Managerial Economics
- Entrepreneurial and Small Business
- Hospitality Administration
- Human Resources Management
- International Business
WebsiteTake me there!
International Business Seminars / IBS Scholarships
The role of an IBS Digital Ambassador is to creatively share your experience for future marketing and recruiting purposes. The ideal digital ambassador will be willing to try new things, step out of their comfort zone and candidly share their experience with others. No blogging or video creation experience is necessary, but it may be helpful! Photo/video tips and suggestions will be provided to help guide you. We encourage everyone who is interested in this type of experience to apply. Note that the application is to submit an entry video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Undocumented Student Support Scholarship (USSS) was created for undocumented students who want to attend an IBS virtual seminar. These awards go to students who are interested in better understanding the business world, interacting with executives at global companies, and networking with students around the world.
The Founders Scholarship was created to support students who want to attend an IBS seminar and have an additional financial need. These awards go to students who are actively finding ways to finance their program with IBS and have thoughtful personal, professional and academic goals for their time abroad.