- Asia /
- China /
- Shanghai /
- International Business Seminars: Summer China - Beijing and Shanghai in 12 Days!
International Business Seminars: Summer China - Beijing and Shanghai in 12 Days!
Summer China seminar is packed with incredible opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. While traveling abroad, students will learn ab... read more
Learned a lot about China that I didn't fully understand before I went. It was 100% worthwhile. Amanda D - Metropolitan State University of Denver View Entire Review
I gained a better understanding of different cultures and how business practices differ. I also learned how to be a better traveler (and packers) while also meeting new friends. Elexus - Northern Illinois University View Entire Review
Incredible hotels!! Incredible locations! There is so much to eat, see, and do in the very near vicinity! Martin Alcaraz-Gomez - Northern Illinois University View Entire Review
I learned more about the culture and lifestyle of China as well as the current state of business there, It was definitely worthwhile to be able to expand my knowledge through the most effective means- firsthand experience. A student - University of North Carolina - Wilmington View Entire Review
I gained respect for other cultures amd it was very mucch worthwhile Kyle Owens - Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge View Entire Review
This experience was more than worthwhile. I gained insight not only into an entirely different culture, but into how businesses operate internationally. Leanna Rutledge - University of Colorado - Colorado Springs View Entire Review
I gained so much perspective on my own life in the US. Lizzie R - Arizona State University View Entire Review
I gained so much insight on Chinese culture that I never knew existed. I gained contacts within large companies abroad. It was the most worthwhile experience I have had thus far. Tabitha W - Arizona State University View Entire Review
I learned that no one is right or wrong when it comes to culture and tradition, just different. It was a challenge to accept a different way of life, but once I did, it was extremely fulfilling. It was absolutely worth every penny. Sally R - Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge View Entire Review
The average Chinese and U.S. citizen, minus the language barrier, is the exact same. Evan R - Metropolitan State University of Denver View Entire Review
The biggest thing for me was being able to adapt and know that I can work and be comfortable in any situation A student - Northern Illinois University View Entire Review
Throughout my weeks in China, I learned this is one world and we are all in it together. Our social responsibility expands beyond our own communities and borders. Kayla Rosenstrauch - Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge View Entire Review
I learned that traveling opens up one's eyes to so much, and it encourages me to travel more and maybe live abroad for a little while one day. Sarah Trumbaturi - Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge View Entire Review
What it is like to stand out in a place that is not "mine", and therefore compassion for people travelling to America Amanda Mapes - Northern Illinois University View Entire Review
I think there is a lot of conventional wisdom about what it's like to do business in China that was challenged and given more nuance. Jennifer Thierer - Kansas State University View Entire Review
The trip opened up my mind to learn about global markets and cultures. In my opinion, the trip was totally worthwhile. The IBS seminar is an excellent opportunity for students to study abroad who do not want to leave their universities for an entire semester. Oliver T - California Lutheran University View Entire Review
New business perspectives, learned an entire new culture and so much more. It was completely worthwhile Ian S - California Lutheran University View Entire Review
It made me more confident, more culturally aware and has me counting down to my next international trip. China was mind blowing! A student - California State University - Fullerton View Entire Review
Summer China seminar is packed with incredible opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. While traveling abroad, students will learn about Chinese culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices differentiate from the United States.
International Business Seminars (IBS) programs provide a variety of unique opportunities:
- Network with business executives by visiting global companies to learn about how business is conducted and the challenges that come from running a multi-national organization.
- Earn university credit while applying the knowledge you've learned in the classroom to real-life business settings.
- Gain a competitive advantage for your career by experiencing international policies, political climates, and international business environments while building confidence, cultural understanding, and an ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Experience some of the world's most well-known attractions and destinations.
- Visit Beijing & Shanghai, China in 12 days
- Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of outdoor excursions
- Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including The Great Wall, the Forbidden City, and more
- Learn from business executives at global companies such as the US Embassy Beijing, UPS, Grant Thornton, and more
- View international business practices in a variety of industries, including: finance, marketing, economics, and more
- Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security
Program Type(s):Study Abroad
- Short Term
Relevant Study Subject(s):
- Accounting and Computer Science
- Management Science
- International Business Law
- Business Administration and Management
- International Business
WebsiteTake me there!
International Business Seminars / IBS Scholarships
The NIU Study Abroad Office is offering two $2,500 scholarships directly to Northern Illinois University students to use exclusively on the IBS Summer China Seminar. These scholarships come from fund donated by a private donor. See the NIU Study Abroad Business Office (408 Williston Hall) for more information.