- Europe /
- Greece /
- Rhodes /
- Forum-Nexus: Multi-Country Summer Program in Europe: Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Swiss Lakes, French Alps, and Greek Islands
Forum-Nexus: Multi-Country Summer Program in Europe: Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Swiss Lakes, French Alps, and Greek Islands
Forum Europe Summer 2019: 10 Cities in 5 Weeks: Study abroad this summer with Forum-Nexus! Visit 10 amazing cities in 5 weeks and earn up to 9 credits. Students from the U.S. and other countries travel together taking classes, visiting universitie... read more
I learned how to interact the cities as a local. It was a trip of a lifetime. Caitlin - University of Southern California View Entire Review
I learned so much about other parts of this world, and I also learned about myself. It made me more confident and mature. Avery - Auburn University View Entire Review
When people ask about my study abroad experience with Forum-Nexus I tell them that it was truly the best summer of my life. When looking into studying abroad program I wanted one with a strong community, interesting classes, the ability to travel and one where people made good friends. This program provided those and so much m... Rachel - Ohio University View Entire Review
Yes, I gained life long friends and cultural experiences that I thought I would never be able to experience! Victoria Courtney - Quinnipiac University View Entire Review
I learned about 5 different cultures and experienced five different cultures. It was definitely worthwhile. Lindsey - Florida Gulf Coast University View Entire Review
I gained knowledge of European history and european culture. I learned how to travel well and successfully. I gained friendships throughout American and I learned the importance of having a global perspective! Elizabeth Young - University of Arkansas - Fayetteville View Entire Review
I've always liked the idea of traveling, but now I know that I really have a love for it. I gained more confidence in myself to explore unknown places, cultural intelligence, and lifelong friends! Christina - Monmouth University View Entire Review
My international IQ increased. Katie Tompulis - University of Arizona View Entire Review
I gained a new respect for people living in different parts of the world. Brandon Locke - Robert Morris University View Entire Review
I gained confidence in navigating through foreign cities. And I gained some life long friends (like actually, not being sarcastic). Completely worth it! Alana - Pennsylvania State University - University Park / Penn State View Entire Review
I gained international IQ, confidence, friendship, and a further drive to travel!! Rose E - Simmons College View Entire Review
International IQ grew immensely Cole F - University of South Carolina - Columbia View Entire Review
I definitely learned how to organize my time and money more. My social skills were incredibly impacted because of the fact I went on this program without knowing anyone. It forced me to come out of my comfort zone. I learned about the cultures of the different cities we visited, my love for travelling grew tremendously after thi... Geovanni R - SUNY - Albany View Entire Review
I gained so much international experience as well as such an appreciation for cultural differences. The classes were interesting, relevant, and put me ahead on my track to graduation. The staff members are so intelligent, fun, and help make you feel safe / comfortable transitioning into an international setting. There is so much... Valerie Wojciechowski - Grand Valley State University View Entire Review
It was 100% worthwhile and I would do it again and again if I could. I learned so much about myself and about every country and culture we visited. I fell in love with traveling and going out of my comfort zone on this trip. Krysten Kelly - Minnesota State University, Mankato View Entire Review
This was the greatest experience I have had in college! The staff was amazing, the professional visits are enlightening, and you truly gain International IQ. I learned so much, while also being able to experience everything about each city. The program is flexible in helping you achieve whatever you seek and I would recommend th... Tahir Khan - Wayne State University View Entire Review
I gained a wider view of the world and a confidence in myself. I am so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of this program. Amanda - Minnesota State University, Moorhead View Entire Review
The experience is unforgettable I learned about European art and architecture and got to see it first hand. I also learned how to travel smartly through several different European countries. Jordan E - University of Delaware View Entire Review
I learned that I definitely do not want to end up in the United States when I go to graduate school or when I start a family. That is a bold statement because that means that this program was literally life changing. This program showed me that there is more out there than my small hometown and I want to experience that. Jacob de Castro - Ramapo College View Entire Review
A great portal to widen my network and meet people. It helped me broaden my understanding of europe culture and economy. Hesham Bahgat - Cape Breton University View Entire Review
I learned about other cultures and made friends from different parts of the world. Karim View Entire Review
Deenpreet Dhaliwal · November 18, 2016 I was a part of 2015 FN program and I still constantly think about the amazing experience I had! What I really liked about Forum Nexus is that you can customize the experience to your travel preferences. There is a good variety of class offerings and because the program goes through mult... Deenpreet - University of Washington View Entire Review
I learned about many places and cultures that I would not have been able to learn otherwise. It was incredibly worthwhile. Jonathan Moon - University of Michigan - Ann Arbor View Entire Review
I gained a lifetime's worth of knowledge while traveling for only 5 weeks. I would say it was well worth my time and money. Rachel Carlton - Clemson University View Entire Review
I gained some much cultural intelligence and it was definitely worthwhile. Jonna Fronk - University of North Carolina - Charlotte / UNCC View Entire Review
Forum Europe Summer 2019: 10 Cities in 5 Weeks: Study abroad this summer with Forum-Nexus! Visit 10 amazing cities in 5 weeks and earn up to 9 credits. Students from the U.S. and other countries travel together taking classes, visiting universities, companies and international organizations.
Curriculum Highlights: Multi-country summer program in Europe: Earn 9 credits in the summer while studying in 10 amazing European cities. Students from the U.S. and other countries travel together (with the professors) taking classes, visiting universities, companies, and international organizations. Open to all majors. U.S.-accredited university. Acquire a solid understanding of European culture, economy, and society. You will improve your marketability for jobs by greatly increasing your International IQ.
Overview: Forum-Nexus has a track record of 29 years as a leader in multi-country summer programs in Europe for students majoring in Business, International Studies, Communication, Economics, Engineering, Pre-Law and more.
What makes Forum-Nexus unique?
• It's a multi-country program, you learn while traveling through Europe, visiting 10 of the most exciting cities
• You share your European experience with top students from all over the world making life-long friendships
• You travel with world-class professors who are always on-site to assist you in achieving the best educational experience
• You visit leading European companies and prominent international organizations and get to interact and network with their executives
• You greatly improve your level of International IQ which helps you become more qualified in the job market
• The program starts in Amsterdam, the capital city of the Netherlands, known for its charming 17th-century canals, unique architecture, and rich history. While in Amsterdam, students will have the opportunity to visit the Van Gogh Museum, explore the Rijksmuseum, tour the Anne Frank House, or take a bike ride around the city. Students will also be able to participate in professional visits to leading global companies and international organizations
• From Amsterdam, the students together with Forum-Nexus staff and professors will travel by high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris, the heart of French culture, politics, and business. In Paris, Students will be able to visit the Louvre Museum, the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Arc de Triomphe, and stroll along the banks of the Seine River and the Champs-Elysées. There will also be opportunities to visit important French and international companies. On Sunday there will be an Optional FN Day Trip to the famous Palace of Versailles, built by the French kings Louis XIII and Louis XIV. The suggested cities for Independent Weekend Excursions are London and Dublin.
• From Paris, we travel by train to Barcelona, a fabulous coastal city with beaches, mountains, outdoor markets, restaurants, and museums. You will be able to admire the striking Art Nouveau architecture of Antoni Gaudi in the Sagrada Familia Cathedral and several other sites throughout the city such as Parc Güell, La Pedrera, and Casa Batlló. Barcelona is a powerful center of industry and commerce with the largest port on the Mediterranean. You will visit Spanish and multinational companies and take classes at the campus of the AACSB-accredited IQS School of Management. On Saturday, there will be an optional FN day trip to the charming medieval city of Girona (Game of Thrones!) plus other picturesque towns in the Costa Brava. The suggested cities for the independent weekend excursions are Madrid and Lisbon.
• From Barcelona we travel by private coach to Chamonix, a beautiful town nestled in the French Alps, surrounded by mountains, lakes, and forests. On the way to Chamonix we will visit the famous aqueduct bridge at Pont du Gard, one of the most impressive engineering achievements of the Roman Empire. Classes in Chamonix will be held in the morning in the hotel’s conference center. The afternoons will be free for you to explore the striking beauty of the area and participate in activities such as hiking to the Mer de Glace, one of the biggest glaciers in Europe, or taking the Aiguille du Midi cable car, offering a spectacular view of the snow-covered peaks of Mont Blanc. On Wednesday, July 17th, there will be a day trip to Geneva, Switzerland’s highly cosmopolitan city, where we will visit the European headquarters of the United Nations in the historic Palace of Nations building, an iconic landmark situated in a beautiful park overlooking Lake Geneva.
• From Chamonix we depart on a day trip to the Lake District at the border of Italy and Switzerland. The first stop will be the picturesque lakeside city of Lugano, a popular tourist destination in Switzerland. Besides its natural beauty, Lugano is also an important center of banking, business, and higher education. We will visit the pristine campus of Franklin University Switzerland, a U.S.-accredited liberal arts university with a highly international student body. From Lugano we continue to the Italian city of Como. The city has a charming historic center with many piazzas filled with restaurants and cafes, an impressive cathedral, and a very picturesque waterfront on Lake Como. The city built its wealth on the silk industry and it remains Europe's most important producer of silk products.
• In the evening we arrive to Milan, Italy’s proud capital of business, finance, and fashion. The city is famous for the Duomo, one of the grandest Gothic cathedrals in the world, the Castello Sforzesco, a huge medieval castle in the center of town, Leonardo da Vinci’s painting The Last Supper, and the world-class La Scala Opera House. Milan is considered a shopping paradise: The designer district around Via Montenapoleone is home to the flagship stores of Armani, Versace, Moschino, Prada, and many more. Classes will be held in the historic Universitá Cattolica, housed in a 14th century monastery. On Saturday there will be an Optional FN Day Trip to the picturesque fishing villages of Cinque Terre, and on Sunday to the ever romantic city of Venice. The suggested cities for the Independent Weekend Excursions are Berlin and Prague.
• From Milan, we travel by high-speed train to the eternal city of Rome! Students will be able to visit the majestic St. Peter’s Basilica and Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel in Vatican City, as well as the Coliseum, the Spanish Steps, and the Trevi Fountain. There will also be a professional visit to the headquarters of the United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization. On Saturday there will be an Optional FN Day Trip to Florence, a city home to historic artworks and architecture. The suggested cities for the Independent Weekend Excursions are Athens and Santorini. Students choosing this option do not fly back to Rome, but rather fly to Rhodes on Sunday night.
• From Rome, we will fly to Rhodes, one of Greece’s most attractive islands. We will stay in a beautiful 5-star beachside resort, attend classes in the resort's conference center, and have the opportunity to visit the charming Old Town, encircled by medieval walls. On Tuesday, there will be an Optional FN Day Trip to the hillside village of Lindos, including a visit to the stunning Acropolis overlooking the sea.
• On the last day of the program, there will be a festive farewell dinner and diploma ceremony featuring traditional food and music. Students may fly home or to your next destination at any time on August 3.
• Study and travel across Europe during the summer
• Visit leading multinational and European companies
• Take classes with top professors who will be traveling with you
• Earn up to 9 credits transferable to your college or university
• Increase your international IQ
• Expand your worldview
• Enhance your resume
• Break out of your academic routine
• Build your network of friends from around the world
• Develop leadership skills
• Create global awareness
Program Type(s):Study Abroad
Relevant Study Subject(s):
- Environmental Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Architectural Engineering
- Pre-Law Studies
- Banking and Finance Law
- Science, Technology and Society
- Cultural Studies
- Religion / Religious Studies
- Political Science and Government
- Film, Video, Photographic Arts
- Health/Medical Preparatory Programs
- Business Administration and Management
- Hospitality Administration
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation
WebsiteTake me there!
The Forum-Nexus Student Assistantship Program provides students with an opportunity to work as student assistants for Forum-Nexus Study Abroad faculty and staff, and earn a tuition-reduction scholarship. The program involves 150 hours and is completed in five European countries, as part of the one-month itinerary of the Forum Europe Summer Program in the month of July. Student Assistants (SAs) receive a tuition-reduction scholarship of $1,500.
$1,500 tuition reduction